President Cyril Ramaphosa’s 2019 State of the Nation Address themed “Let’s grow South Africa together as we celebrate 25 years of freedom” highlights key priorities for government over the next decade. Many of these initiatives will have a direct bearing on business and the sustainability of the non-life insurance industry.
The South African Insurance Association (SAIA) is the representative body of the non-life insurance industry. It represents the industry to all relevant stakeholders to ensure a sustainable and dynamic industry. SAIA has 58 members, comprising all categories of non-life insurers, including reinsurers. Its members abide by the SAIA Code of Conduct, which ensures adherence to best-practice industry standards and self-regulation.
To promote and represent the interests of the non-life insurance industry, while leading and enhancing the efforts of the industry to become recognised and trusted as an important contributor to the South African economy and society.
- Encouraging fair and ethical treatment of consumers of non-life insurance products;
- Representing the non-life insurance industry with all stakeholders and at all levels in such a way that these stakeholders have trust and confidence in the industry;
- Creating an environment in which the members of our industry can share information, debate important and relevant issues, and create a common vision for the non-life insurance industry;
- Creating opportunities for the industry to continue with, and embark on, initiatives that will enhance its image and reputation among all stakeholders;
- Promoting understanding of non-life insurance to all stakeholders;
- Promoting awareness of the industry and its contributions to society and the South African economy.
Treating Suppliers Fairly- SAIA Bulletin June 2019 Jul 08, 2019
The non-life insurance industry has a special relationship with service providers as they play an integral role in fulfilling an insurer’s customer value proposition to the insured/policyholder.
Board and Executive appointments at the Vehicle Damage Qualification (VDQ) Governance Body… Jul 08, 2019
Following the inaugural annual general meeting of the VDQ, held in June 2019, the following SAIA representatives have been appointed to the Board and the Executive Committee of the VDQ for the next financial year.